|Art der Prüfung (Englisch):
Course grades will be based on
- class participation (20%),
- an individual assignment (50%)
- and a group work in class (30%).
Participation will be evaluated on the basis of both quality and frequency. With regard to quality, good contributions have some of the following characteristics:
- sound, rigorous, and insightful diagnosis,
- analyses that thoughtfully and responsibly challenge “traditional” or politically safe positions and reasoning,
- realistic and effective action recommendations,
- so called “stupid questions” that no one else is willing to ask but open up productive paths of enquiry,
- constructive critiques of others’ contributions,
- clarity and effectiveness of presentation, and
- impact on peers’ thinking and section learning.
Unexcused absences and lack of preparation will count heavily against a student’s grade.
Rosen, H. and T. Gayer (2014), Public Finance (Global Edition), 10th edition, McGraw-Hill